How do you allow God to change your life and know you have a future home in heaven?
1. Agree with God’s assessment: I have sinned.
Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: (Romans 5:12).
2. Agree with God’s justice: I deserve to go to Hell.
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death. (Revelations 21:8).
3. Learn about mercy and grace through Jesus Christ the Lord: Jesus died on the cross and rose again from the dead to pay my sin debt and to break the power of sin in my life.
…Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day…. (1Corinthians 15:3-4)
4. By faith turn from sin and turn to Jesus Christ alone for mercy and grace: I repent of my sin; I trust in Christ’s payment for my sin penalty; I look to Christ for power to resist temptation to sin.
Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out…. (Acts 3:19) But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: (John 1:12)
5. Continue in the faith: As you live a life of faith be quick to confess sin and slow to make excuse.
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. (1John 1:9) And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled in the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight: if ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel…. (Colossians 1:21-23) Attend faithfully and actively participate in a good Bible preaching church.
At the First Free Will Baptist Church of Comstock we study the Bible and sing the great hymns of the faith in every church service. We invite you to visit us and experience the encouragement that you will find in God’s house with God’s people, praising God, serving God and receiving spiritual guidance from God’s Word. You will find no greater joy.